Tuesday, May 5, 2015

THE BROOK--STANZA BASED QUESTIONS


THE BROOK

I.                 From the first stanza
 Questions
1.How does the brook flow after taking its 'birth' ?
2• Which birds frequent the place where the brook takes its birth ?
3. How does the brook now down the valley ?
Answers
1. It flows hurriedly.
2.Coots and herns.                                                                                                                
3. It flows down the valley with a noise.

II.By thirty hills I hurry down,
Or slip between the ridges,
By twenty thorpes, a little town,
And half a hundred bridges,

Questions
1.      What come the way of the brook ?
2. What does "Twenty thorpes' here mean ?
3. What is the poetic device used here ?
Answers
1. Hills, ridges, thorpes, farms etc.
2. It means twenty small villages or hamlet,
3. Alliteration.
III. Till last by Philip's farm I flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on forever
Questions
I. Where does the brook flow before joining the river?


2. What is the 'destiny' of man mentioned here?


3. What does 'I go on forever' mean ?
Answers


  I. By Philip's farm
2. Taking birth and dying

S'..JOO <
3. I will go on flowing forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment