Saturday, December 28, 2013

INFORMAL LETTERS 2


                                 
Sample Informal Letters

Q.1. You are Mona, a resident of 10, DDA Flats, Jhilmil Colony, New Delhi-95. Write a letter to your friend, Shivanshi, showing your concern for her as she was hospitalised for fifteen days due to high fever.
Answer:
10, DDA Flats
Jhilmil Colony
New Delhi-95

Nov 19, 2013

Dear Shivanshi,
I met your sister last evening and she told me that you have been in the hospital for the last fifteen days because of high fever. I felt bad that all this while I had no idea about your illness.
Although I am happy to know that you are now recovering, I am sure you must have had a tough time being in the hospital for such a long duration. Also, I know you must be worried about your studies. Dear, don’t lose heart. I am sure that once you are fully-fit you would be able to cover all that you have missed in the last fortnight.
Take good care of yourself. I will visit you as soon as I can. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Your friend,
Mona
Q. 2.You are Arun. Write a letter to your father telling him about your poor performance in the school terminal tests. Also, assure him of your improvement in the half-yearly examinations.
Answer:
Examination Hall
New Delhi – 110072

15 May 2013

Dear father,
I am fine here and hope that all of you are doing well too.
I am extremely sorry to inform you that I have performed poorly in my first terminal test. I could not score good marks in any subject. However, I am sure that when I tell you the reason for my poor performance, you would empathize with me. Being the captain of my school hockey team, I constantly went with my team to play matches against other schools. Although we won few of them, while returning from the previous tournament, I fell ill and could not attend school for over a week. It is for this reason that I could not prepare well for the terminal test.
I assure you that the above reason is not an excuse. I will try to do fairly well in my half-yearly examinations and will not let you down, again.
Pay my regards to mother.
Your son,
Arun

Practice Question

Q. Write a letter to your grandmother whom you visited a few days back. Share with her the experiences of living in the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment