Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jumbled Up sentences (Set-1)

FROM Madhumita Bhattacharya TO You 
 

Rearrange the following jumbled up sentences into meaningful ones. (taken from exam papers)


1. so / to / itchy / is / that / I / wait / My / off. / uniform / can’t / take / it
2. Is / good / both / for / and / early / rising / old / adults
3. the / weekend / I / can / love / down. / be / I / myself / because / and / dress
4. Finish / work / early / one / can / go / and / a / for walk / one’s.
5. place / our lives / music / important / has / in / an.


6. its / urbanisation / in India / everywhere / has / tentacles / spread
7. light up / in every home / good / the lamp / books / magazines / and / of / knowledge
8. ‘The year of Books” / are / we / this / celebrating / year.
9. I’d / thought / nervous! / the / get / interview; / I / I / through / was / never / so
10. Reshma  / year. / to / to / the / come / back / hopes / Disneyworld / for / next / a / holiday
11. want / Do / me / see / you / you / at / to / the / airport? / off
12. you/ betray / once / it's / his / fault / someone / fault / betrays / it's / he if / twice if / your / you
13. baby / gave / apple / her / the / mother / a / red
14. that / lived in / hills / I dreamt / I / Mallabar
15. Mohit / and / skating / Saturday / went / on / Preeti
16. way / good / eating / cream / ice / to / off / is / a / cool
17. spoil / broth / the / too / many / cooks
18. money / me? / How / give / can / much / you
19. the / was / that / authority / curbed / King / annoyed / his / was
20. strike / opportunity / the / wait / I/ to / right / for / will
21. are harmless/to people/ most bats.
22. unique and diverse/bats, one of/misunderstood creatures/the worls’s most/are wonderful.
23. Every country/they are found /except Antarctica/every continent/in virtually/and inhabit.
24. a) from God / a precious / life / is / to / gift / us
      b) thankful / should / be / we / God / to / it / for
      c) God / some / remember / only / people / distress / in
      d) some / believe / in / do not / unfortunately / God



Solution:
1. My uniform is so itchy that I can’t wait to take it off.
2.Early rising is good for both old and adults.
3. I love the weekend because I can be myself and dress down.
4. One can finish one’s work early and go for a walk
5. Music has an important place in our lives
6. Urbanisation has spread its tentacles everywhere in India.
7. Good books and magazines light up the lamp of knowledge in every home.
8. This year we are celebrating “The Year of Books”.
9. I never thought I’d get through the interview; I was so nervous!
10. Reshma hopes to come back to the Disneyworld for a holiday next year.
11. Do you want me to see you off at the airport?
12. If someone betrays you once, it's his fault. If he betrays you twice, it's your fault.
13. The mother gave her baby a red apple.
14. I dreamt that I I lived in Mallabar hills.
15. Mohit and Preeti went skating on Saturday.
16. Eating ice cream is a god way to coll off.
17. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
18. How much money can you give me?
19. The king was annoyed that his authority was curbed.
20. I will wait for the right opportunity to strike.
21. Most bats are harmless to people.
22. Bats, one of the world’s most misunderstood creatures, are wonderful, unique and diverse.
23. They are found in virtually every country and inhabit every continent except Antarctica.
24. a) Life is a precious gift to us from God.
b) We should be thankful to God for it.
c) Some people remember God only in distress.
d) Unfortunately some do not believe in God.


See Jumbled Up Sentences (Set-2)

Jumbled Up Sentences (Set-2)
Rearrange the following jumbled up sentences into meaningful ones. (asked in various exam papers)



Q1:
Example: of/care/is important/post-operative/quick recovery/for/a patient
Solved:  Post-operative care is important for quick recovery of a patient.
the/first/doctor/a diagnosis/makes/an illness/of
he or she/what/then/kind/decides/of treatment/needed/is
can/treated with/many/be/a course of drug/illnesses
may/the doctor/if/is serious/the case/operate


Answers:
The doctor first makes a diagnosis of an illness.
Then he or she decides what kind of treatment is needed.
Many illnesses can be treated with a course of drug.
The doctor may operate if the case is serious.

Q2:
Example: nectar/bees/miles/many/in search of/fly
Solved:  Bees fly many miles in search of nectar.
human travellers/animals/unlike/maps/have/do not
navigate/different clues/they/instead/many/by using
use/mountains/birds/the rivers/and
the sun/also use/they/as/and stars/a compass
to travel/are known/tigers and lions/miles/water/in search of

Answers:
Unlike human travellers animals do not have maps
Instead they navigate by using many different clues.
Birds use the rivers  and mountains.
They also use the sun and stars as a compass.
Tigers and lions are known to travel miles in search of water.

Q3:
example: sports/country/important/an/every/are/society/individual/of /and/,/part
Solved: Sports are an important part of every society, country and individual.

(a) necessary/are/growth/of/sports/for /the/ body/the
(b) body/keep/the/fresh/and/they/fit
(c) give/exercise/to/they/total/body/the
(d) developing/sports/not only/a/mind/but also/help/in/his/body/child’s
(e) they/muscles/bones/ their/strengthen/up/their/tone /and

Answers:
(a) Sports are necessary for the growth of the body.
(b) They keep the body fit and fresh.
(c) They give exercise to the total body.
(d) Sports help not only in developing a child’s body but also his mind.
(e) They tone up their muscles and strengthen their bones.

3 comments:

  1. thnx a lot....it hepled me lyk hell! B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it helped a lot to me n my Tution mates.......cool website!��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can the answer also be that he or she th n decides what kind of treatment is needed instead of then he or she.......

    ReplyDelete